- CICA In-Depth Tax Course (1999)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1996)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (1995)
French version is available here.
Pierre T. Allard has been practising at BCF since 1996. He is a member of the executive committee. He is the partner in charge of the taxation group and co-leader of the strategic team of wealth protection.
Mr. Allard specializes in tax and commercial law. His clientele is made up of entrepreneurs and executives whose goals are to maximize their tax benefits, protect their assets, position themselves to carry out the sale or acquisition of a business, plan their succession and adequately plan the transfer of their businesses to the next generation. Mr. Allard has also developed considerable expertise in the taxation of financial products. He regularly advises clients who wish to use advanced strategies in connection with derivatives and life insurance.
A graduate of the Université de Sherbrooke, Mr. Allard was awarded the Albert Leblanc medal in 1995, the highest distinction given to a Faculty of Law student.
- "Opportunités de planification en période de difficultés financières," Congrès 2009, Association de planification fiscale et financière, Montreal, 2009.
- "Planification post mortem en fonction des nouveaux taux de dividendes," Congrès 2008, Association de planification fiscale et financière, Quebec City, 2008.
- "La monétisation," Congrès 2001, Association de planification fiscale et financière, Montréal, 2001.
- "Les règles sur la minimisation des pertes," in Colloque : Restrictions à l'utilisation des pertes, Montreal, Association de planification financière et successorale, 2001.
- "Minimisation de l'impôt au décès – Analyse comparative," in Colloque : Planification successorale, Montreal, - Association de planification fiscale et financière, 2000.
- "Étude de cas : Transfert d'entreprise familiale du vivant et au décès," Congrès 2000, Association de planification fiscale et successorale, Montreal, 2000.
- "Étude de cas : Le fractionnement du revenu : où en sommes-nous ?," Congrès 1999, Association de planification fiscale et successorale, Montreal, 1999.
- "Les fiducies entre vifs comme véhicule de planification fiscale et financière dans un contexte de fractionnement du revenu," Conférence Fiducies locales et étrangères, Canadian Institute, 1999.
Mr. Allard teaches tax and estate planning courses in the Master's in Law program (tax option) at HEC (the business school at Université de Montréal).
He is a member of the Institut des Grands Leaders, an institute dedicated to the development of the leadership skills of executives holding strategic roles within large private and public organizations in North America.
He is also a member of multiple boards and advisory committees of private companies.
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Association de planification fiscale et financière
- International Fiscal Association
Life insurance ownership and beneficiary designation issues in a corporate setting, in collaboration with Diane Hamel of Manulife Financial and Barry Pascal of Bell Pascal Financial Services, Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU), Ottawa, 2011.
In addition, Mr. Allard has been involved in drafting and presenting many conferences and publications dealing with tax issues. As a highly sought-after speaker and workshop facilitator, he has given lectures at the National Bank of Canada, National Bank Financial, Manuvie Financial, SunLife Financial, Nationale Vie of Canada, Transamerica Life Canada, Peak Financial Group, Dundee Wealth Management, Nesbitt Burns, Merrill Lynch, Desjardins Financial Security, Business Development Bank of Canada, Chambre de la sécurité financière, Association des Assureurs-Vie Agréés and Assante Wealth Management.