- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1992)
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (1991)
French version is available here.
Patrice Picard has been practicing at BCF since 2000. He is the partner in charge of the Real Estate Law group and co-leader of the Real Estate strategic team Mr. Picard is a recognized leader in Real Estate Law. He is regularly involved in large transactions regarding transfer, land assembly, development, management, construction, financing and leasing of commercial, industrial, residential and mixed-use real estate assets.
Mr. Picard has also developed cutting-edge expertise in setting up telecommunications networks. In this respect, he regularly advises one of the main players in Canadian telecommunications.
He also regularly represents a chain in the food-distribution sector, an important public company and various institutions and real estate developers.
- Member of the executive committee for the Real Property Law section of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Institut de développement urbain du Québec
- "La vérification diligente en droit immobilier: les meilleures pratiques", Real Estate Law – Second Seminar of Éditions Yvon Blais, Montréal and Québec City, November 2012.
- Speaker – as part of the BCF training program recognized by the Barreau du Québec and specially designed for in-house counsel – on the legal aspects of real estate project implementation, March 2009, March 2010 and May 2011.
- « Aspects pratiques d’un projet d’implantation immobilière », Project Management Institute (PMI), Montréal, janvier 2009.
Mr. Picard is a member of Institut de développement immobilier du Québec, an institute dedicated to the radiance of the commercial real estate industry in the Province of Québec.
He is also involved on a pro bono basis, in a real estate development in Montréal for a non-profit organization of the theatre arts sector.
- "La vérification diligente en droit immobilier : les meilleures pratiques", La Collection Blais, volume 15 - 2012, Real Estate Law – Second Seminar, Les Éditions Yvon Blais, pp. 115-144.