- Called to the New York Bar (2001)
- LL.M. New York University (2001)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1999)
- LL.M. Université de Montréal - HEC (1999)
- LL.L. University of Ottawa (1997)
French version is available here.
Marc-André Bélanger is a partner in the tax group specializing in the area of corporate tax. Given his background in Canadian and US taxation, Mr. Bélanger has also developed an expertise in international taxation.
His corporate tax practice includes the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, restructuring and financing involving private or publicly-traded corporations. Mr. Bélanger has also developed a particular expertise in the area of mining taxation.
His practice in international tax includes the development and implementation of cross-border acquisition and financing structures, in particular, in the Canada-US context.
Mr. Bélanger frequently deals, on behalf of his clients, with the tax authorities in matters of objection to assessments, rulings and legislative amendments. He has also been a frequent speaker at tax conferences and events.
- New York State Bar Association (Tax Section)
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- International Fiscal Association