- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University (2012)
- M.Sc. Human Rights, London School of Economics and Political Science (Merit) (2009)
- B.Soc.Sc. Honours in International Development and Globalization (Magna Cum Laude) (2008)
Lisa LeRoy joined BCF as a student in May 2012. She will complete the final term of her law degree at McGill University on exchange at Université Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne in the fall of 2012.
Ms. LeRoy received an Honours Bachelor of Social Sciences degree from the University of Ottawa in International Development and Globalization in 2008, where she graduated magna cum laude. In 2009, she was awarded a Master of Science in Human Rights with merit from the London School of Economics and Political Science, where she was a Commonwealth Scholar. In 2012, Ms. LeRoy will obtain her Bachelors of Civil Law and Bachelors of Common Law from McGill University’s Faculty of Law.
Ms. LeRoy has a strong interest in litigation, rooted in her passion for advocacy and client interaction. She looks forward to gaining experience in all BCF’s areas of practice, particularly in labour and employment law and in alternative dispute resolution.
With a deep commitment to social justice, Ms. LeRoy seized opportunities during her legal studies to volunteer at the Legal Information Clinic at McGill, at Project Genesis and as a clerk with a judge at Quebec Youth Court. She has volunteered widely with humanitarian organizations in Canada and internationally. Named one of Canada’s Top 20 Under 20 in 2004, Ms. LeRoy was also awarded the YMCA Canada Peace Medal.
- Administrator of the Rev. C.F. Johnston Foundation (Responsible for the administration of projects in Senegal, Tanzania and Ghana)
- Volunteer, The United Church of Canada