- Canadian Patent Agent (1998)
- United States Patent Agent (1997)
- Called to the New York Bar (1997)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1996)
- Called to the Massachusetts (1995)
- McGill University, B.C.L./LL.B. (with Distinction)
- McGill University, B.Eng. (Chemical Engineering/Biotechnology)
The French version is available here.
Русская версия доступна здесь.
Jonathan Cutler joined BCF as a Partner in our Montreal office in 2012. He is registered as a patent specialist (Patent Attorney) in the United States and as a Patent and Trademark agent in Canada.
Before joining BCF, Mr. Cutler was Director of Intellectual Property at Bombardier Recreational Products and was responsible for patent and trademark matters worldwide. He has extensive experience in the development and use of global patent and design portfolios, as well as in dealing with patent protection and patent avoidance issues arising in the design, engineering and manufacturing of products, and particularly products to be distributed simultaneously in multiple jurisdictions.
He has been involved in the preparation of numerous United States patent infringement and validity opinions and the litigation of many United States patents. He has drafted and prosecuted patents worldwide, and has particular experience in the United States and in front of the European Patent Office. He has dealt with patent-related supplier, competitor and third-party negotiations and agreements.
In addition to providing clients with strategic patent advice, Mr. Cutler provides opinions regarding United States and Canadian patents, prepares and prosecutes United States, Canadian and international patent applications, and negotiates and drafts agreements in patent matters.
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent & Trademark Office (Patent Attorney)
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office (Patent Agent & Trademark Agent)
Anca-Madalina Dinu514 397-6699 #3462
Jamie Bockus514 397-6699 #3475
1100 René-Lévesque Blvd West
Montreal, Quebec H3B 5C9
tel. : 514 397-8500
fax : 514 397-8515