Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY, Juris Doctor, (2015);
Universität Bremen, Bremery Germany Course Work in History, English and Education, (2005 - 2008);
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH Bachelor of Arts in History with Honors, Minor in German, (2005).
French version available here.
John Carroll came to immigration law after over seven years living and working in Germany and Japan. After graduating from the Syracuse University College of Law he worked at a boutique immigration firm in Washington, D.C. He joined BCF’s Business Immigration team in 2016, supporting its U.S. immigration practice.
Beyond his native English, John Carroll speaks fluent German and is conversant in both Japanese and Spanish.
- Chancellor’s Scholar & Public Interest Fellow at the Syracuse University College of Law
- American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA);
- International Association of Young Lawyers / Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA);
- Law Fellow at the Sustainable Economies Law Center (SELC).
- Economic Democracy, Made in Germany: The Mietshäuser-Syndikat Model as a Framework for Developing Democratic Enterprises, 42 J. OF INT'L LAW & COMM. 197 (2014).