- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2004)
- LL.B. Université Laval (2003)
- European Studies Diploma: Université Jean-Moulin-Lyon 3, France (2002)
French version is available here.
Jean-Raymond Castelli practises in the BCF business law sector and is mainly involved with small, medium, and large companies, with their shareholders, and with other business stakeholders such as financial institutions and venture capital investors.
Mr. Castelli is asked to work on the legal aspects of the commercial life of a company, its financing, its development strategies (joint ventures, technology transfers, and territorial expansion), but also to work together with the shareholders of these companies, especially in a transactional context (mergers and acquisitions) and in the implementation of tax strategies, of various corporate structures, and of trusts.
He is also involved with organizations working in economic development and in the promotion of research as well as with NPOs in regard to their self-financing or their participation in the development of the solidarity economy. He can therefore get involved in strategic thinking as well as in the implementation of appropriate structures to meet objectives and to fulfill the missions of the stakeholders involved.
- Mr. Castelli acts as a member of the board of directors of nonprofit organizations.
- He also gives presentations and training seminars to organizations that promote start-up companies.
- He was awarded the Prix Yvon Gasse for his involvement in Entrepreneurship Laval, First Prize by the Québec Society of Comparative Law, and the Stikeman Elliott-Carswell scholarship in taxation. He is also on the honour roll of the Faculty of Law at Université Laval.