- LL.M University of London (London School of Economics) (1992)
- Called to the Barreau du Québec (1988)
- LL.L. University of Ottawa (1987)
French version is available here.
Jean-Pierre Huard has more than 20 years of experience in corporate law and securities law.
In the area of securities law, Mr. Huard advises clients in connection with various transactions including initial public offerings, plans of arrangement, private placements as well as corporate governance and disclosure issues in connection with public companies. He is also actively involved in corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and the drafting of shareholder agreements.
Mr. Huard regularly acts as local counsel for foreign lawyers.
- "The provisions governing the incorporation, organization, modification, correction, consolidation and cancellation of articles, amalgamation and transitional measures in the Business Corporations Act" in Volume 7-2010 The Corporation, La Collection Blais, Éditions Yvon Blais.
Teaching of commercial law courses at the École du Barreau du Québec.
He is also active on the BCF Training Committee, which is responsible for the coordination of all training offered to the members of the firm.
Mr. Huard is a member of the board of directors and secretary of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada (Québec Division).
- Canadian Bar Association
- "The provisions governing the incorporation, organization, modification, correction, consolidation and cancellation of articles, amalgamation and transitional measures in the Business Corporations Act" as part of the conference organized by Éditions Yvon Blais, November 2010.
- "Corporate Governance" (in collaboration) as part of the seminar organized by the TSX Venture Exchange titled Managing a Public Company: What you need to know, September 2009.
- Private company purchases by public companies.
- Eligible transactions for start-up companies.
- Private placements
- IPOs for start-up companies