Admitted to the Barreau du Québec (2007)
LL.B., Université de Montréal (2005)
B.A. in Psychoeducation, Université de Sherbrooke (1997)
French version available here.
Isabelle Lamy is a member of our Business Law and Real Estate Groups.
Her practice focuses mainly on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, implementation of optimal corporate structures, real estate development projects and securities.
Isabelle has over eight years' experience working for major Canadian law firms and has acquired solid skills and understanding of various business sectors. During her career, she has acted as counsel to corporations in acquisitions and divestitures, to property developers in major real estate projects and to issuers and underwriters in public offerings and private placements. She has participated in facilitating the establishment of a number of foreign companies in Canada.
With her highly developed talents as a negotiator, she was able to successfully negotiate a variety of complex commercial agreements, including in the areas of technology and mining. She has assisted mining companies to successfully conclude partnerships with aboriginal communities in Northern Québec development projects.
She is renowned for her entrepreneurial skills, determination, thoroughness, commitment and talent for finding innovative solutions tailored to her clients’ needs. Action and results-oriented, her involvement with her clients is marked by extraordinary dedication. Isabelle is energized and motivated by the success of the companies she supports and is a "catalyst" for relationships, eager to create opportunities so that her clients can benefit from her vast network.
She graduated in law from the Université de Montréal in 2005 and was on the Dean's List. Isabelle also has a degree in psychoeducation from the Université de Sherbrooke.
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- Member of the Youth Bar Association of Montreal
- Air Liquide and VitalAire (France/Canada) in respect of several acquisitions and disposition of Canadian assets.
- Homburg Invest Inc. (Netherlands) in respect of an offering of 36,200,000 subscription receipts for a total gross proceeds of $190,050,000 (dual listing in Canada and Amsterdam).
- Van Houtte Inc. on its sale to Green Mountain Coffee Roasters by share purchase agreement from an affiliate of Littlejohn & Co., LLC, a private equity firm headquartered in Greenwich, CT, for a cash purchase price of $915 million.
- Yellow Media Inc. in the sale of Trader Corporation to funds advised by Apax Partners for C$745 million.
- Wynnchurch Capital Ltd. in its acquisition of J.-Y. Moreau Électrique Inc. and 2950 0519 Québec Inc. (Moreau Industriel), together known as "Groupe Moreau".
- Homburg REIT in its initial public offering.
- SFK Pulp fund in respect of a public offering of subscription receipts and convertible debentures.
- The underwriters in respect of several equity, preferred shares, debt offerings and Medium Term Note programs of BCE Inc. and Bell Canada.
- Urbanimmersive Technologies Inc. in respect of its initial public offering.
- BRP Inc. in its initial public offering.