- Registered Trademark Agent (Canada) (2010)
- Registered Trademark Agent (USA) (2010)
- Registered Patent Agent (Canada) (2006)
- B.A. (1st Class Honors), Business Administration and Management, Oxford Brookes University (UK), (1996)
The French version is available here
Русская версия доступна здесь.
Ilya Kalnish is a partner of BCF in the Montreal office. He is a Registered Patent Agent (Canada), as well as a Registered Trademark Agent (Canada and US). Before joining BCF, Mr. Kalnish was Patent Manager of Intellectual Property at Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd and was responsible for patent and trademark prosecution matters worldwide. Prior to that, he was Associate Director - Patent Strategy and Management with Bell Canada and was responsible for procuring patents in video, satellite and VOIP technology areas. While practising in-house, Mr Kalnish has gained in-depth experience with developing IP portfolios and managing IP assets.
In addition, he has extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications before Canadian, US, European and various other patent offices. He has been involved with providing patent advice in M&A deals, licensing and other commercial transactions; as well as international IP due diligence support for both the target and the purchaser. Mr. Kalnish has also extensively participated in Oral Hearing proceedings before the European Patent Office in Munich, Germany.
Mr Kalnish has been involved with numerous product clearances and IP risk assessment exercises. Mr Kalnish is fluent in English, Russian and Bulgarian.
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Fellow member
- Patent Agent Training Course Committee, Chair
- IPIC Forums and Seminars Subcommittee, Member
- IPIC Joint Liaison Committee, Member
- IPIC Education / Professional Development Committee, Past member
- IPIC Young Practitioners Committee, Past member
- IPIC In-house Practitioners Committee, Past member
- McGill / IPIC Summer Courses in Patents, Lecturer, Tutor – 2015
- McGill / IPIC Summer Courses in Patents, Program Director – 2014
McGill / IPIC Summer Courses in Patents, Assistant Program Director – 2012, 2013
McGill / IPIC Summer Courses in Patents, Assistant Program Director - 2009-2014
- IPIC Patent Agent Exam Preparation Course (Drafting / Prosecution), Lecturer/Tutor – 2011, 2013
- Federated Press, Lecturer – 2010, 2011, 2012