French version is available here.
Frédéric Dionne is a Trademark Agent and is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property strategic team. His practice offers a full range of trademark services including opposition and expungement proceedings, monitoring of trademarks, due diligence and chains of titles to drafting opinions in connection with the registrability and availability of trademarks.
Frédéric is also responsible for managing and supervising national and international trademark portfolios and for developing Canadian and international filing strategies.
Prior to joining BCF, Frédéric worked for several years in the Intellectual Property field for a multi-national company.
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montréal (BTMM)
- Chambre de commerce et d’industrie Vallée-du-Richelieu (CCIVR)
Led round tables and training sessions at the following organizations:
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (in collaboration with McGill University): course entitled “Understanding Trademarks – An Introductory Course”
- International Trademark Association (INTA): various conferences.
- "Entrepreneuriat Laval" at Université Laval
- ACCESS Adult Education and Career Training Centre in St-Lambert Québec– course entitled “Starting a Business”
- Numerous negotiations with different multinationals.
- Member of the "INTA TOPC- Trademark Canadian Practice" Committee
Frédéric was elected Municipal Counselor for Mont-Saint-Hilaire in 2013 and in that capacity sits on several committees, including the following:
- Delegate on the Conseil intermunicipal de transport (CITVR) [intermuncipal board of transport]
- Delegate to the la Régie intermunicipale du transport adapté (RITAVR) [intermuncipal paratransit board]
- Delegate on the Comité de la circulation et de la sécurité (CCS) [traffic and safety committee]
- Delegate on the Comité consultatif sur le développement de la culture et du tourisme (CCDCT) [cultural development and tourism advisory committee]
Various presentations to the following organizations:
- Université de Montréal: participation in the SEUR (Sensibilisation aux études universitaires et à la recherche) project [university studies and research awareness]
- Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal: participation in the Operation "Back to School" program
- Led flash consultation (speed coaching) sessions for Fondation Montréal Inc.