- Registered patent agent, OPIC (2007) and USPTO (2008)
- M. A. Sc. Electrical Engineering, Université de Sherbrooke (1986)
- M. Eng. Electrical Engineering, Université de Sherbrooke (1984)
French version is available here.
François Sawyer joined BCF in 2010. He is part of the Intellectual Property and Business and Technology strategic teams.
Mr. Sawyer has worked in the area of patents since 2005. His expertise covers patentability evaluation of inventions and patent drafting. His practice extends to Canada, the United States and beyond in accordance with the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
Mr. Sawyer has been named an inventor in many patent publications. His unique experience enables him to understand both technical concepts and business aspects of his clients’ inventions.
Mr. Sawyer also worked in a large telecommunications company as a systems engineer, specializing in first, second and third generation cellular systems. He later joined the company’s intellectual property group.
Mr. Sawyer successfully completed the Canadian qualifying examination for patent agents in 2007. He is registered for patent practice at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (2007) and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (2008).
- Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (1986)
- 31 patents as inventor or co-inventor.