- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2010)
- LL.M., (Banking and Finance Law), Université du Luxembourg (2010)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2008)
French version is available here.
Etienne Retson Brisson is a lawyer in taxation and tax litigation in Montreal. Before, he was working as a law clerk at the Tax Court of Canada.
As a tax lawyer, Mr. Retson Brisson, assists taxpayers struggling with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Revenue Québec (RQ) on matters including audits, objections, voluntary disclosures, special investigations, abuses of power, recovery of tax debt, requirement for information, seizures and hypothecs.
Mr. Retson Brisson, as a lawyer, deals with contentious tax issues raised by the Canada Revenue Agency or Revenue Quebec relating to income tax or sales tax (GST and QST), tax reorganization, tax avoidance, tax evasion, fair market value, international law, transfer pricing, denied expenses and credits and arbitrary assessment based on net worth, wealth indication, cost of living, cash flows and bank deposits analysis.
Mr. Retson Brisson, as a tax litigator, represents taxpayers who appeal before the Tax Court of Canada, the Court of Quebec and the Federal Court.
Mr. Retson Brisson, as a lawyer, also advises his clients on issues relating to the Income Tax Act, the Taxation Act, the Excise Tax Act, the Quebec Sales Tax Act and the Tax Administration Act.
- En matière fiscale, la vérité ne se cache pas toujours dans l’acte, CCH Tax Bulletin, December 2011.
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation Steering Committee (Montreal)
- “Incorporation d’une entreprise”, (with Pierre-Philippe Taché), Taxation course offered by the Association de planification fiscale et financière, Montreal, September 17, 2012.