Called to the Barreau du Québec (2017)
LL.M., Université de Montréal (2017)
J.D., Université de Montréal (2016)
LL.B., Université de Montréal (2016)
Chinese Law Graduation Certificate, China University of Politics and Law (2014)
B.A., McGill University (2013)
French version available here.
Dawei Ding practises in the field of business law, more specifically within the framework of business mergers and acquisitions and drafting commercial contracts.
He completed his corporate law articling with our firm, where he specialized in Technology Law. Highly involved in Montreal’s Chinese business community, he is particularly interested in Fintechs, blockchain technology, artificial intelligence, and the video game industry.
Mr. Ding holds an LL.M. in Labour Law. He first joined BCF as a student in May 2015, while he was completing his studies in Civil and Common Law at Université de Montréal. Prior to his legal studies, he earned a B.A. in Economics with a minor in Political Science from McGill University. He has also been a professional video game player on an American team.
Mr. Ding is fluent in French, English, and Mandarin.
- Member of the Young Bar of Montreal
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Member of Montreal Young Chinese Professionals Association (YCPA)
Speaker at the University of Ottawa on "From Basement to Stadium: The Development of eSport and its Legal Implications", January 25, 2018;
Speaker at the Montreal ComicCon on "eSport 101", July 8, 2016.
- VP of the Fédération québécoise de sports électroniques
- Cercle Entreprendre du Québec
- “Pokémon Go: Legal Issues That Could Snowball”, published on Huffington Post, co-authored with Pascal Lauzon, August 19, 2016.