- Called to the Barreau du Québec (2002)
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (2000)
- B. sc. Biology, Université de Montréal (1997)
French version is available here.
As a lawyer with a background in science, Brigitte Nepveu is particularly active and involved in Quebec’s life sciences community. Over the past 15 years, she has been representing and advising companies specializing in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and clinical research. She also represents technology corporations in all scientific areas.
Brigitte has been a member of BCF’s commercial, corporate law, and intellectual property teams since 2002, where she works closely with universities and researchers interested in promoting various inventions. With 15 years of experience working with technology startups, she is a trailblazer in the field and is actively involved with major Montreal business accelerators and incubators. Accordingly, she co-leads the firm’s startup team.
She is a specialist in corporate governance and compliance, assisting clients at various steps of the business development process, from business incorporation and organization to structural optimization and venture capital financing files, including mergers and acquisitions and other liquidity events. Ms. Nepveu is a true business advisor to her clients, acting as the point of contact for all of their legal questions, and always making sure to find the right contributors for the issues related to her areas of expertise.
She is the head of general training at BCF, and since 2005, she has taught the Commercial Transactions course to undergraduate students at Université de Montréal’s Faculty of Law. From 2008 to 2012, she also taught a course on Knowledge Management in the Faculty’s Masters program.
Brigitte Nepveu is actively involved in her community, especially in the arts sector. She also serves as corporate secretary and governance advisor on the boards of several private corporations. From 2009 to 2015, she volunteered for the Fondation du maire de Montréal. She has been a member of the Young Patrons Committee of the Fondation de la Place des Arts, as well as a member of the Honorary Committee of the Fondation O Vertigo in 2011, and is currently a member of the Honorary and Financing Committee of the Théâtre Aux Écuries as well as a member of the Board of Directors and of the Honorary Committee of Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal. Ms. Nepveu is also a trained contemporary and jazz dancer; she belongs to a dance troupe and taught dance classes for more than 10 years and since 2017.
- Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie Française au Canada (CCIFC)
- Fondation de Polytechnique
"La nouvelle Loi sur les sociétés par actions (Québec)," conference presented at different accounting firms, 2011.
"L’impact de la Loi sur le transfert des valeurs mobilières et l’obtention de titres intermédiés sur les émetteurs fermés," BCF s.e.n.c.r.l., Montreal, January 28, 2009.
"Les pratiques contractuelles en matière de transfert de technologies," UQÀM, Montreal, April 8, 2006.
"Stem Cells and Law," Centre de recherche en droit public, Montreal, January 2001.
"Étude comparative de diverses approches normatives propres au clônage thérapeutique et reproductif," 11e colloque de la Société canadienne de Bioéthique, Edmonton, October 1999.
"Le refus de traitement: questions légales et éthiques," 2e colloque VIH et Droit, Clinique juridique du Comité des personnes atteintes du VIH du Québec, Montreal, February 1999.
- Ms. Nepveu works closely with entrepreneurs interested in promoting various technologies. She works with them in the different stages of their business, from incorporation to subsequent financing. Ms. Nepveu is particularly involved in Quebec’s life sciences and technological communities. She acts as business partner for entrepreneurs and their teams.
- Co-responsible of BCF Imagine
- Co-responsible of BCF (Centech)
- Co-responsible of BCF (Notman House)
- Partner in Fondation de Polytechnique
Member of the board of Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal.
Ms. Nepveu serves as corporate secretary on several boards of private companies and advises them in matters of governance.
Ms. Nepveu has been teaching the Commercial Transactions course to undergraduate students in the Faculty of Law at the Université de Montréal since 2005.
She also taught the course on Knowledge Management, in the Faculty’s Masters program. She participated, from 2005 to 2008, in the industrial property course intended for Masters students.
- Ms. Nepveu is in charge of the global education at BCF (since 2014).
Member of Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal’s honorary committee (since 2017).
Member of the Théâtre aux Écuries’ honorary and financing committees (since 2015).
Member of the Fondation O Vertigo’s honorary committee since 2011.
Member of the Comité des jeunes mécènes de la Fondation de la Place des Arts (2010-2011).
Ms. Nepveu dances in a semi-professional dance company (3 times a week) and participates in dance shows and competitions.
Dance teacher/choreographer (from 1991 to 2001 and from 2017 to date).
- Volunteer for the Fondation du maire de Montréal pour la Jeunesse (from 2009 to 2015).
- " La portée des clauses de non-concurrence : une notion en constante évolution? ", Les Cahiers de propriété intellectuelle Vol. 28, no2 (May 2016)
- "How to buy a small business", co-author, HEC Montréal - Desjardins Conference, Montréal, September 2007.
- "Le refus de traitement : questions légales et éthiques," Actes des 2e, 3e et 4e Colloques VIH et Droit, CPAVIH, Montréal, 2001.
- "Énoncé de principes : Recherche génomique humaine," Réseau de médecine générique appliquée (RMGA), 2000.
- "L'encadrement des biotechnologies : un retour vers un pluralisme juridique" (2000) 7 R.E.J.