Intellectual property abroad: international strategy to protect patents and trade-marksApril 3rd, 2013
Seminar date: April 25, 2013 at Montreal
Seminar date: April 30, 2013 at Quebec city
The globalization of markets, an ambitious business plan, unexpected growth, growing demand, a defensive approach—many factors can lead a business to explore foreign markets.
- Whatever the reason, one question common to all must be asked, namely, “What happens to the intellectual property of my products and services, and more particularly, of patents and trade-marks?”
- “When do I have to attend to this?”
- “What must I protect?”
- “In which jurisdictions?”
- “What should I prioritize and why?”
- “What are the consequences of not doing it?
- “Can I have a global patent and trade-mark?”
Our patent and trade-mark agents will guide you in this area and will help you to see these issues clearly, sooner rather than later.
The seminar will be presented by Johanne Auger and Sandra Beauchesne of BCF, April 25 at our Montreal office and April 30 at our Quebec city office. It will take place from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and a lunch will be served as of 12:00 p.m.
To register, please e-mail us at FormationBCF@bcf.ca or call 514 397-6905. This seminar will give you 1½ hours of CLE credits accredited by the Barreau du Québec.